Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Flying

Flying.
This has been a visual that comes up to me so often. Standing on the precipice- the cliff's edge, me facing into the wind, the current that will support me.
I have so often thought of flying away from this point. I don't see where I am flying. Things don't fly to me. I am stepping off the edge and just take flight.
Not until lately, that is.
I am magnetized. I guess I have always been but now I have some really cool stuff coming to me. Like ideas for things to create. House floor plans. Colors- orange, over and over again. Desires to do things that I have never thought to do before.
It's a new year, to be sure. That usually makes me want to get rid of stuff. This year is no different. It's surprising what I am willing to let go of now.
The most significant thing that I am letting go of is expectation. I am replacing them with intentions.
I want new. I want growth. I want freedom. To be, to create, to fly. So I will.
That will result in new energy in my jewelry. Art that dangles from your ears, dances around your neck or wraps around your wrist-all from a heart that is like a child-open where everything is new.
I can feel the wind...

1 comment:

sUz said...

eLLie,

Can't wait to see what this new freedom and energy will bring to your work!

Focusing on intention rather than expectation immdediately shifts your perspective. What a good place to be.

iN jOy,
sUz